Sunday, May 1, 2011

What is church?

What an awesome day this has been! I got great sleep last night and I was excited to see what God had in store for my wife and I as we visited a local church.

As we went in the facility to be a part of an assembly of God's people, there was a busyness in the air. The busyness wasn't to try and avoid guests, but there was a great deal of things happening. We were greeted a few people and we made our way to the "sanctuary"....it was a grand place, a place where God was worshiped and felt.

Once we made our way in we found seats and sat down, excited to participate in the service. After the worship was concluded, a small video clip was shown on the screens. At the end of the video clip, the statement came up, "Real Church." The pastor proceeded to speak from the books of Acts and Matthew and went through what the church IS and IS NOT. And the REAL CHURCH is invovled in the work of God, not the technical things that tend to allow evil/negative things to happen.

Thank you to OBC for a great service and the encouragement that there are churches that realize that this world has changed but not so much that we don't use the book of Acts to refocus on who is the church. Notice I said "who" is the church ....that's right, THE CHURCH is its people.....NOT the building and NOT an organization, BUT....BUT it IS MESSY! Jesus never said that it would be a neat and clean thing that can be stuffed into a box. God is good and He forgives!! What a blessing because if He wasn't we'd ALL be in trouble.

I am sooo excited to see what God has in store for my wife and I at this point in our lives. I am joyful knowing that I'm going to get to travel this road with such a wonderful wife.

I thank God again for leading us to OBC this day! What a great day.

What is church?

Until next time....
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment