Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baptism

I have to do a better job at this blogging thing. It has been such a long time. It is, however, good to be on here. I hope everyone is doing well. This past weekend was full of events for me. It, too, was a roller coaster of emotions. I realized after all was said and done that 1) God is good and 2) I was tired.

I started the weekend off by having a very busy day at work. I came home and got as much sleep as I could. I got up Saturday morning and headed to a memorial service for my great-aunt who had been truly fighting for her life for 11 years (that's when she suffered her first huge set back...a severe stroke). She passed away and we had to bury her Saturday. A few hours after that we had to get dressed up in our Sunday clothes to be a part of a wedding. My cousin was tying the knot. This was a truly wonderful event...it was a great reminder of my wedding (which happened just over a year ago).

Then, on Sunday I had the EXTREME pleasure of baptizing six....yes, SIX of the children I and my wife ministered to when we were serving at their church. What an exciting time! I had a blast and loved seeing them. It was truly a God thing and it was definitely worthy of praise towards God.

As you can see, it was a very full weekend and a roller coaster of emotions. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good! I can't tell you how much this past weekend drained me, but I look back at all the events that took place then and all I can say is that I was so aware of our Lord and Savior being in those places. I love my Lord and am very thankful HE saved me!

I hope those who are reading this are in a close relationship with our creator or if you are not, my prayer is that you will seek that relationship...it's AWESOME!!

Until next time.......

Take care and God bless,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment