Sunday, October 9, 2011

Camping Trip #2

What a beautiful time!! Wow, God is so good! I am currently sitting in my house watching a football game and reflecting on the weekend. This weekend found me camping out again with my wife. We took a trip (with our two dogs) about an hour away to a campground and spent time away from really anything other than the outdoors. What a spectacular time we had....great weather, wonderful quiet times, great food. The experience was a great one and I walked away from all of that thinking, "God created so many awesome things and we were able to catch a small glimpse of those things."

After such a difficult past month with so much loss in my family, it was such a refreshing time to see God at work and hearing him. I am thankful that God has provided me some time to step back and to reflect on God's love.

I will most definitely miss all those loved ones and friends that I have lost, but I know that they are in the presence of God and one day I will see them again. And seeing the beauty I saw this weekend, it is exciting to think of that moment when I will get to see the Father and those that went before me.

Camping this weekend help me more than I would have ever thought....thanks be to God.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment